Thursday, May 14, 2009

Promotional mailers

Well, the art updates have been few and far between, haven't they? I promise I'm working! Actually, I've been doing so much I haven't had time to update. Between doing work for classes I'm also on the planning committee for 2 shows, as well as working on the SCAD Illustration Savannah Mall mural project. But I am getting a lot done, and I am having fun doing it.

I just received my first ever batch of promotional postcards from GotPrint, and I must say, they look fantastic! I am very pleased with the quality. I also ordered business cards, but they haven't arrived yet. However, I'm sure they will be as great as my promo cards. I'm really looking forward to sending them out to art directors and seeing if I get any bites. I decided to cater this card to the editorial market since that's the area I'm most interested in doing work for. The piece is meant to be a comment on the mortgage crisis and predatory lending.


Also, if you're in the Savannah area, please come to the Borderline show on Saturday, May 23rd! It's one of the shows I've been helping to plan exhibiting the works from my Drawing on a Theme class, as well as SCAD's Non-Objective Drawing class. There will be some fantastic work, plus yummy goodies to snack on.

2 comments:

  1. This looks awesome!! I really hope you get some bites-- can't see why you wouldn't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jade! Yeah, I'm hoping for the best. I'm buying the David Goldman list, and I figure if I get even one job from it, the list will have paid for itself (as well as the postage and cards!).

    ReplyDelete