Saturday, October 10, 2009

And the award goes to...


...wait, what?

Like most people I was incredibly surprised when it was announced that President Barack Obama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. And like most people I think it's very premature. BUT (and a mighty big "but" it is, as my dad would say) I don't think that means that the honor should be discounted entirely. It's a symbol of the 180° turn the US has made in the eyes of the international community, and considering how the world viewed the last administration, it's incredibly refreshing. Has Obama fully earned the award yet? I don't think so, and neither does he from listening to his acceptance conference from yesterday. He has, however, set things in motion for working to create a better country, and a better world. And I think everyone can agree that that means something.

2 comments: